- A dental implant is an oxidised titanium orthopaedic screw – nothing more, nothing less.
- Dental implants have no nerve or blood supply. Consequently, they are not as good as a healthy tooth but better than a diseased tooth or no tooth.
- Bone grows onto an implant. An implant does not grow onto bone.
- Osseo-integration is the process whereby your bone cells attach strongly to the surface of an implant. A dental implant does not increase the volume of bone but it does improve its quality.
- Your biological health directly determines the long term bio-mechanical stability of your implants. Stay healthy and your implants should work for as long as you do. Your health is your responsibility.
- Age is NOT a factor as to whether implants will or will not work – HEALTH IS!
- With healthy people who clearly follow our instructions and timescales, we expect osseo-integration to be successful in over 95% of patients.
The Evolution Solution™ - YOU CAN EAT AS NORMAL
Implant-supported ‘snap-in’ dentures
- As we only perform full jaw rehabilitation procedures, we have designed highly engineered prosthetics that facilitate proper chewing function.
- Our prosthetics are engineered using high-end technology; a process that demands precision and time for proper execution. We use specialised medical prosthesis CAD software. We also use custom-built 5 axis milling machines to make high-precision supporting architecture for the implants. Our implant prosthetists then apply the veneering of teeth to the mechanical sub-frame. We only make prosthetics that will fit a stable bite suitable for the patient.
- Our prosthetics are based around the needs of the body as opposed to the emotional wants of the patient. Our focus is not on cosmetics at the expense of proper function.
- The advantage of using the Evo Solution in jaw rehabilitation is that during rehabilitation, you will have fixed teeth that are stable and functional, and not a denture which is unstable and uncomfortable by comparison.
- Our prosthesis is attached to your implants via screws, not glue. This means that it can be removed for long term servicing and maintenance as we see fit. This is important because all engineering (and dental prosthetics is no exception) requires periodical maintenance, as it is effectively a machine that is in regular use.
- We have incorporated modern artificial materials into our unique Evolution Profile Prosthesis which can replace lost bone and gum volume. This is important as people requiring full jaw rehabilitation usually have extensive disease in the jawbone and gum or have lost lots of teeth over many years, causing extensive loss of healthy volumes of bone and gum as well as teeth. In rehabilitation, these elements must be replaced and the recognised way of doing this in traditional procedures is through bone and soft tissue grafting. This involves either harvesting bone and gum from other parts of your body or using manufactured synthetic alternatives, attaching it to the defects, and waiting for periods of between 6 and 12 months to find out whether transplantation has been successful. Additional surgeries are required and the wearing of a removable denture may be necessary throughout the process.
- In contrast, we do not provide any bone or gum transplant procedures. They are not necessary as our prosthesis is engineered to replace lost bone and gum volume, as well as replace missing teeth.