Frequently asked questions
You can take the next step in changing your life by:
1 – Completing a ‘Suitability Test’ (upper right)
2 – Calling:
Give us a call on – 0203 137 9714
3 – Clicking the ‘Live Chat’ button (lower right)
4 – Clicking the Contact Us Form on the location pages
A: We do not offer routine or general dental services (e.g. check-ups, hygiene, fillings, root canal treatments, single dental implants etc).
We ONLY perform the EvoSolution™, a precision engineered fixed full-arch dental implant restoration. We have completed thousands of them. This means that ALL clinical cases must require at least one full jaw correcting with dental implants and fixed teeth.
Other differentiating factors include:
- We have our own in-house laboratories, with digital software and 3D printing technology
- Our surgeries do not require bone grafting
- Evo clinicians can place implants in the Pterygoid bone (so we can avoid Sinus lifts).
We will only extract teeth that cannot be saved and we do not invite people in for Clinical Assessment, we turn people away if they have perfectly healthy teeth and do not require a full jaw dental implant restoration.
- Check implant stability and integration
- Check you dental prosthesis (to detect any signs of wear and tear).
- Check supporting structures (soft tissue levels, bone) are healthy
- Extra & intra oral examination taken, with x-rays as appropriate.
- Multiple photos, phonetic check (using video)
- The service may include the removal of your prosthesis to undergoes microscopic analysis in our on-site lab, a full ultrasonic clean and polish of your teeth to return them to their original finish, and brand new connecting screws fitted where necessary. This will ensure a continued excellent fit and a ‘good as new’ feel.
A: Please talk to us about any concerns you have. We pride ourselves on being welcoming, caring, understanding, non-judgemental, professional, and extremely friendly.
However, for those patients who are phobic we suggest you consider attending Dental Hospital as specifically trained to help. For patients who are anxious or nervous we offer two types of sedation:
- Oral Sedation – This medication comes as a tablet and is taken with water before the procedure. This is used in addition to local (needle in gum) anaesthetic.
- Intravenous Sedation (IV) – This medication is taken via a needle in the arm or hand, again this is in an addition to local (needle in gum) anaesthetic.
Both these options allow the patient to be awake and able to communicate with the clinicians. The EvoSolutionTM is a precise and exacting process, where patient cooperation is essential for optimal precision implant placement, bite record taking and the prosthesis placement.
Both sedation options also create a amnesic effect where the patient may experience a partial or total loss of the procedure, even though they are awake and able to communicate.
We do not provide general anaesthetic for the EvoSolutionTM. General anaesthetic ceased to be administered in general practice back in 2001 following strict guidance from the Department of Health (2000 – A Conscious Decision). General anaesthetic can only be administered in a hospital setting.
Although we can reassure and talk you through every step of the process and have many years of experience in helping nervous patients through our procedure, EvoSolutionTM is not designed for people with severe dental phobias such as sever needle phobia (not needle anxiety), severe gag reflex (associated with taking moulds of the mouth). We understand that for certain patients a general anaesthetic is essential for them to ‘get through’ this procedure. There are clinics that perform procedures where general anaesthetic is used, but we do not.
Our prostheses are designed to complement the individual’s facial anatomy. Bright white teeth, for example, would most probably just look false.
You want a result where people will talk to your face, not to your teeth.
Your new teeth look and feel like natural teeth, they will also function like healthy teeth. You’ll be able to eat whatever sensible foods you wish, with total confidence.
If you don’t see an answer to your question here. Please just contact us and we’ll do our best to help.